The purpose of this section is to show you how to transfer your list of projects in PointMan from one mobile device to another. NOTE: This is not needed if you have a cloud login.
On your old mobile device
- Go to the main tablet home page
- Open an app called “My Files”, “Files”, or whatever it’s called on your tablet
- Tap “Internal Storage”
- Navigate to the “PointManTE21” folder and tap it
- You should see the “cache” folder. Tap and hold on this until it is selected and then tap the menu on the top right
- Tap “Compress”, “Add to Zip File”, “Zip” or whatever your tablet calls it
- Email this zipped file to yourself. If the file is too big to email, you can either call PointMan support at (970)683-5530 or upload it to a cloud drive.
On your new mobile device
- Download the zipped “cache” folder onto your tablet, either from the email or from the link (if used)
- Open your “My Files”, “Files”, or whatever it’s called on your new tablet
- Tap “Internal Storage” and then tap “Downloads”
- When you find the “cache” folder, tap and hold it, then tap the menu button on the top right
- Tap COPY or MOVE
- Tap “Internal Storage” and then tap on “PointManTE21”.
- PASTE or MOVE the zipped folder into here and replace the “cache” folder that is already in there.
- Tap and hold on the zipped “cache” folder, tap the menu on the top right, and unzip or extract the folder.
- If you have 2 folders, one zipped and one unzipped, delete the zipped one, leaving only the unzipped folder
- Close all apps and reopen PointMan. When you login, you should see your projects.